Chica de Mazarrón Fiesta Weekend on Tour - Altea Y Elche



This weekend Chica de Mazarrón was in need of a bit of escapism, some R&R and a bit of head space for some new blog research and planning. 

I am lucky enough to have friends living in Altea, Alicante, so I decided to head there for a catch up with them and to use their beautiful home as my base for a bit of blog exploring. 

Setting off from Mazarrón Town on Friday afternoon it took me an hour and 50 minutes to get to my destination of Altea, a beautiful coastal town in the Province of Alicante, on the Costa Blanca.

Protected by the Serra de Bernía, Altea attracts a strong tourist trade due to the uniquely warm micro-climate. The town itself is a perfect balance of old town traditional pebbled streets, lined with character filled whitewash houses, bustling squares of restaurants and shops and the palm lined seafront and harbour.


During my stay my hosts helped me cram in an array of experiences and I would highly recommend any residents of Mazarrón to take a weekend out there to explore and enjoy. 

During my stay I experienced beautiful beaches, places to eat in and take away, stunning mountain views, fabulous leisure activities and facilities, the annual tapas tour and lovely independent shops and boutiques. 

On my way back, exactly one hour from Mazarrón, I stopped off to visit Palmeral de Elche and El Huerto Del Cura, which was declared a world heritage site of Spain in 2000. A truly stunning history of the palm groves of Elche and a beautiful botanical garden just 1 hours drive from us, I would highly recommend this place for a visit.  Unfortunately I ran out of time to visit the Museum but the garden tour provided a million beautiful photo opportunities, loads of history, some really interesting facts and some very beautiful peacocks. 


After such a fabulous weekend I am really excited to post some blogs and reviews of my adventures and hope these encourage some of my readers to visit some of these wonderful places within a short drive of our beautiful home here in Spain - watch this space for more info.

Keep an eye out for my blogs and reviews over the next few weeks and consider Altea and Elche for your very own future adventures. 

Un Saludo

Chica de Mazarrón xx



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Reeves Butchers - The English Butcher in Mazarrón

THE COSTA CALIDA - The Warm Coast

Bar Review - Tel's Bar, Camposol