ITV Station - the drive thru without a Big Mac

 



So once a year my poor little car has to go in for it's ITV inspection, which is a very different experience to a UK MOT and so I thought I would share my experience for anyone who has not yet had to do it...

I use our local ITV testing station in Mazarrón and I have to say on the two occasions I have done so, I have found them to be super helpful and it to be a relatively stress free experience - although the first time I was somewhat nervous as to what to expect. 

On arrival I park up and take my log book and personal identification papers into the office. The lady there is super helpful and took all my documents from me and showed me exactly what she needed. She processed the necessary paperwork on the computer, handed me my paperwork back and I made a payment of 45€. Each car is different in cost but she will be able to explain the tariff for your vehicle. I paid by card, got my receipt and she told me which lane to join. I did try to speak with her in my very best Spanish (which is actually not so great) and fortunately her English far surpassed my Spanish!)

On both occasions I have been there I have not made an appointment, although I understand this can be done through the contact information on their website. Both times I was lucky and managed to go straight through without a wait. 

On entering the test station the guys there are fab, you drive your car through yourself and they give very clear instructions. At each stage of the test they tell you what you need to do... Lights, brakes, steering etc and they guide you through each stage of the test. I have to admit on my first visit there was one bit I just could not get right and the helpful chap hopped in my car and did it for me. All in all they are great! 

The test itself took around 15 minutes and when I got to the end they returned my paperwork and advised my car had passed.

I have never been in a position where my car has failed (touch wood) but I understand you are notified at the end of the test and they give you the necessary paperwork explaining the problem. It is then up to you to take your vehicle to a mechanic and get the problems rectified. This must be done and a retest completed within 30 days or the ITV centre will notify the department of transport that your car is not roadworthy. If you retest within 15 days you also get a discount on the retest fee. 

I have to say I was really nervous doing this myself the first time but from start to finish everyone I came into contact with was super helpful and it was not as daunting as I had anticipated. 

Here is the address of the test station, telephone number and opening times: 

Ctra de Murcia, km.2, 30879 Mazarrón, Murcia.  +34 968 006 083

Monday - Friday 7am - 9:30pm

Saturday 7:30pm - 3pm

Happy Motoring and keep safe.

Chica de Mazarrón x



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Reeves Butchers - The English Butcher in Mazarrón

THE COSTA CALIDA - The Warm Coast

Bar Review - Tel's Bar, Camposol