UK Winter v's Spanish Winter



One of my main reason for moving to Spain was my love of everything sunny and my absolute hatred of being cold. 

The freezing UK winters and constant greyness, literally left me feeling SAD! 

SAD lamps, fluffy blankets, central heating, open fires, red wine and my ability to hibernate were what got me through the winters but they did not make me happy and I often found myself emerging in late spring/early summer, if you can even call it that, two stone heavier, miserable and lonely!

Here in the region of Murcia I am not going to say my hatred of winter has completely left me but it is a million times better spending the winters here. Early morning and evenings can be pretty chilly and the villa's are definitely better designed for summer than winter but chuck me a fluffy blanket and bright sunny day and I'm happy.

In comparison to frosty mornings and scraping the car windows, the temperatures here is the Murcia region are pretty warm. With the minimum temperature between November and March between 5 and 10 degrees and the average highs around 18 or 20 degrees things are certainly more bearable - more importantly the sun puts in an appearance most days and it is hardly ever grey!

With average sunshine hours around 6 or 7 a day, there is plenty to be happy about here all winter long. The only downside is knowing what to wear!

Un Saludo 

Chica de Mazarron xx



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Reeves Butchers - The English Butcher in Mazarrón

THE COSTA CALIDA - The Warm Coast

Bar Review - Tel's Bar, Camposol